Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Cooking for a Month

Since our life is crazy busy I decided to try this cooking for a month thing. I bought this software from www.30daygourmet.com that has lots of recipes loaded and then you can go to their website and get more. Then you choose what recipes you want to cook and it prints reports for you for the grocery store, appliances, containers, an action report, and the recipes. So once you have your groceries you might boil and cut up 10 pounds of chicken, 4 onions, etc but then when you put your recipes together all the ingredients are ready. For those of you who know me well you know this is right up my alley! I didn't make 30 meals since the kids and I are going out of town for 2 weeks for my training but I made 14 meals, some of which will last us 2 separate days, and it didn't take tons of time. Some of the meals had to be cooked in a crock pot but overall this is the easiest thing ever. OH...and it even prints out a report you put on your refrigerator, broken out by meat type, of what you cooked with a checkbox for when you have eaten it. I am so excited to have meals already prepared and I just have to thaw them and stick them in the oven. Joe is excited not to eat spaghetti, roast, pizza, taco soup, and chili again!

No comments: