Sunday, April 13, 2008

4 years old...already!?!?!

So tonight I was just thinking that at 6:14 am tomorrow I will have a 4 year old...me...with a 4 year old! Am I old enough to have a 4 year old? I really don't think I am. As I think back over these wonderful and challenging past 4 years a big smile comes to my face. Ian is the most precious little boy. He has more energy than most but has lots of smiles to go along with that energy! Tonight at small group a friend told me to tell Ian the story of when he was born. At first I wasn't sure what to say but then after everyone left and Ian was lying in bed I went in and told him the story of when he was born. I left out the 31 hours of labor part:) He thought it was lots of fun to hear how he was as small as Evan once. He especially liked hearing how Daddy was the first to hold him. He misses his Daddy a lot.
As most of you know Ian is a big talker. He talks pretty much non stop from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed and sometimes even when he sleeps. If he doesn't have anything to talk about he just makes up stories! This past Friday night he spent the night with Joe's parents and I missed his constant chattering so much! What a blessing we recieved 4 years ago in our little guy! Too bad they can't stay little forever!

No comments: